What We Are Doing, And Why
Noosphere has finally launched to the public. Please allow me to explain what’s going on.
As I wrote when we put up our placeholder website, our eventual goal is to hire the world’s smartest people to think about the world’s most important problems and predict the future.
That’s a totally far-fetched goal, and that’s why we have to start small. So this is what Noosphere is, right now : a market research firm dedicated to social media.
We provide the following services:
- A subscription-based market research service, including reports, in-depth analysis and data ;
- Some free content (like what you’re reading right now) ; and
We chose social media as our area of focus for the following reasons :
- Social media really is transforming the internet, and hasn’t run its course at all. Social media is transforming the way people interact with content, with commerce, with software–and with each other. It is a monumental shift.
- Social media is poorly understood, especially from a rigorous perspective. When people talk social media, there’s a lot of fluff going on. We think there’s room for a service that has the most trenchant and rigorous analysis of what’s going on.
- Social media is orthogonal, and will allow us to branch into other areas eventually.